Well it's been a busy week, there have been some ups and downs but now things seem quite calm and I am pleased with what I managed to accomplish over the course of the week.
I got all of the garden sorted. Tomatoes went into pots, lawns were cut, beds were weeded and flower plants were put in...All that is left to tackle is treating the wood on the shed as just lately the rain soaks in more than it runs away...maybe a job for tomorrow!!
Enjoy the pictures.
The flowers are a mixture and planted in blocks to enhance each set as they come through. There is a nice variety of marigolds, messy's petunias, lobelia, tagetes, godetia, lupins and dahlias. I'm sure there are a few more in there as-well but I can't for the life of me remember what.
I decided after much deliberation to just grass the old patch in the front lawn where the bird table used to be and this is filling in nicely. Since first moving the bird table I have now added a frame round it and put some weed membrane underneath and I am slowly filling it with pebble/stones as I dig them out of the garden as this makes it easier to weed out any seed the birds drop that starts to grow. My best find was my Kiwi Issai. I though it had died over the winter but it has come back fighting this year so I am hopeful that in the future I will have some lovely fruits to harvest.
So that's the garden complete for the summer. Now it will be just some light weeding and lawn cutting which will be nice and leisurely...at least that's the theory anyway!
4 hours ago