Thursday 27 April 2017

Progress was made a while ago.

Well it's getting late so I'm going to keep this short.

I took these photos back on Easter Monday which was actually my last day of vacation and I have to say I was pretty pleased with the progress made...these will sum it up for you...

The plot as it stands. a few crops are in and
at the far end the new strawberry bed is ready.
 There are some potatoes in here still from last year but these will be dug up and discarded hopefully this weekend. This is the third year in a row I haven't got the main crop spuds out the ground so I have decided not to plant any this year!!
This half section has been cleared and some
rethinking done.

This is the strawberry bed...honest!!
So the strawberry bed is as yet untouched though I will try and tidy it up a little ready for harvesting but at the end of the year this will move the other end and I have gone for Sue's idea over at 'Green Lane Allotments' and I am planting in weed membrane in order to keep the strawberry patch tidier.

Once moved I am keeping a good width path to walk along for harvesting and controlling the raspberry canes!

So these are the only dandelions left on the plot....they will be removed this weekend...though I have to say they gave me some great play time with the camera....let me share one of my pics with you...

Honey Bee!!

Of course they are the reason I grow dandelions on my allotment!!

I just want to say thanks for all your comments on my other posts....sorry I was so long publishing them and thanks for the greenhouse ideas...I will update that saga in a couple of days and also be sharing the other progress I have made too.

Have a great evening.


  1. I love the bee and dandelion photo. I'm sure the weed control membrane will help, just get any nasty perennial weeds out before putting it in place.


keep it clean...keep it relevant...I look forward to reading your comments!!