First of all the bad news...there is no way I am going to be able to get my bees this year. To have a colony settled enough with enough stores to survive the winter I need to be getting them now and to be honest that isn't going to happen...below is the reason why.
|So above is the land I have taken on in which to keep my beehives. Doesn't it look pretty??|
|As you can see I have made a start.|
|Just a Little of the rubbish!!|
Anyway I'm going a little off topic. So yes, as you can see there is a lot to do so no chance of colonies this year, but in hindsight maybe thats not a bad thing as it means I have more time to get things how I really want them. I did buy some climbing roses last week along with a pyrocanthos and two buddleias which I have already planted along the hedgerow and also I got some pretty flowering shrubs and two black-currantants all of which I have planted this weekend. I have decided to tackle the bee plot in sections over the coming season so as not to get overwhelmed with the enormity of the project. As time goes by and more things happen with the land I will update you but I won't bore you with the constant digging stories!
As well as preparing the land you all know I have been attending my bee course. So far I have done 4 of the 10 sessions but I think I will tell you all about them in another post!!!
Hope you've all had a great weekend...nice long weekend for me next week with the bank holiday so fingers crossed for decent weather!!